HR Day on the Hill 2017
|Date:||January 26, 2017, 8:30am – 4:00pm|
Washington State Human Resources Council
$20 SHRM Members, $50 for Non-Members
Add to Calendar
HR Day on the Hill - January 26, 2017!
What is HR Day on the Hill? Washington State SHRM's "HR Day on the Hill” is an annual opportunity for HR professionals to educate themselves on the state legislative process and get first-hand information regarding upcoming legislation that may impact HR and business across the State.
Why attend HR Day on the Hill? Become informed on current reforms being proposed by Legislators that will impact HR, network with fellow HR professionals, meet legislators in a comfortable forum to discuss current legislation that could affect your business.
Who are the speakers? We have a great lineup of speakers for this year’s event. Please review the agenda (which will be posted soon).
Recertification Credits: Washington State SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Accommodations, Parking and Driving Directions
Click here to access a map of the Washington State Capital Campus
Accomodations-Room Block To Be Determined
BE SURE TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT AND ALSO RESERVE YOUR SEAT ON THE SOUTH KING COUNTY SHRM "PARTY BUS"
Still not sure how to get to HR Day on the Hill? Ride with us! SKC-SHRM and SPSHR have teamed up again to bring you the popular Party Bus. Pick up locations are below. To reserve your spot, please add “Party Bus” when you register and get started brushing up on your HR and employment law trivia for our onboard contests.
Current pick up locations are:
- 6:00 a.m., Tukwila Park & Ride, 13445 Interurban Ave S., Tukwila, WA
- 6:30 a.m., Star Lake Park & Ride (I-5 & 272nd), 27015 26th Ave S., Kent WA
- 7:15 a.m., Lakewood Park & Ride, 10617 S. Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA
Pickup times and locations may modified after registration closes to maximize convenience for registrants. We will contact you with more details via email once more information is solidified. Please also provide your mobile number during registration so we can reach you the day of the event in case of last minute changes. Space is limited, so make sure you mark the Party Bus Ticket in order to reserve your spot. We hope to see you there!
Parking for Visitors
- There are over 600 visitor parking spaces available on the Capitol Campus.
- Visitor parking cost $1.50 per hour weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but is free on evenings and weekends.
- Parking meters accept credit/debit card, $1 bills or coins (.05, .10, .25, .50, 1.00)
From the general Seattle Area:
- Get onto I-5 S and go approximately 58.5 miles
- Take Exit 105 toward State Capitol/City Center/Port of Olympia .3 miles
- Take Exit 105A on the left toward State Capitol/City Center .5 miles
- Merge onto 14th Ave SE and pass through 1 roundabout .4 miles
- Turn right onto Capitol Way S. .2 miles
- Take the 2nd left onto 11th Ave SW
- You have arrived at the General Administration Building, 210 11th Ave SW, Olympia, WA 98501
Once you have arrived at the General Administration Building, there are two parking lots on the East and West sides of the building. You will use the main front doors to enter. The Auditorium is located in the foyer behind the large tile mural you will see as you enter.
- Wear comfortable shoes! You will have the option of walking across the campus to attend the House and Senate Floor Sessions. Please keep in mind, parking is usually a bit of a walk to all these general areas.